How to take FERACCRU®
FERACCRU® capsules should be swallowed whole, with half a glass of water and on an empty stomach. Do not crush or dissolve the capsules. You should take them twice a day for as long as your doctor has told you.
When should I take it?
You should take one capsule twice a day (one in the morning and one in the evening).
Each capsule should be taken on an empty stomach with half a glass of water.
Take FERACCRU® at least:
You will need to take FERACCRU® for as long as your doctor has told you, even if you start to feel better.
LEARN ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT WITH FERACCRU®
Can I take FERACCRU® with other medicines?
You should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines. This includes other iron medicines and multivitamins. They will give you advice on taking FERACCRU®.
You should leave at least 2 hours between taking FERACCRU® and taking:
- Supplements or medicines that contain magnesium or calcium
- Some antibiotics, such as ciprofloxacin, tetracycline, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin and ofloxacin
- Bisphosphonates (used to treat bone diseases)
- Penicillamine (used to bind metals)
- Some medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease (entacapone and levodopa)
- Some medicines used to treat thyroid problems (levothyroxine)
- Mycophenolate (used with other medicines to prevent the body rejecting transplanted organs)
You should not take FERACCRU® if you are also:
- Taking dimercaprol (a medicine used to remove toxic metals from the blood)
- Taking chloramphenicol (used to treat bacterial infections)
- Taking methyldopa (used to treat high blood pressure)
- Being given iron by injection or infusion (intravenously)
What if I forget to take FERACCRU® or take too much?
If you forget to take FERACCRU®
Skip the missed dose and take the next one as normal. Do not take a double dose to make up for the one that you forgot.
If you take too much FERACCRU®
Taking too much FERACCRU® can make you feel sick or be sick.
It may also give you stomach pain and cause diarrhoea.
Call your doctor or hospital straight away if you or someone else has taken too much FERACCRU®. Make sure you take the Patient Information Leaflet and any remaining capsules with you to show to the doctor.